Reasons to Join Us
Helping businesses in Shrewsbury; to have a voice, to learn and to prosper
- We welcome businesses of all sizes and types from the Shrewsbury area and beyond. From retail to manufacture, consultants to tourism, plumbers to physiotherapists, sole traders to multinationals, we welcome all.
- SBC has a varied membership which allows for more dynamic networking and opportunities for all.
- No quotas on a specific industry, so we will not turn you away just because we already have another similar company on board.
- Affordable membership fees, scaled to reflect the size of the business. No one fits all fees.
- We hold regular business events, normally face to face, but when not possible we successfully recreate events on-line using Zoom.
- Our events can range from a business breakfast at the Flower Show, wine tasting, historic building visits, summer BBQ’s, along with speaker and networking events.
- Many events are free to members or subsidised. Members can also bring a guest to events, charges may apply.
- If you are unable to attend an event you can send a substitute to represent you rather than miss out.
- On becoming a member, you will receive a free business profile article in one of our regular business magazines and be added to our members page on the website complete with logo or image and links to your own website.
- As a member you will receive discounts on our advertising rates and also learn about our varied sponsorship opportunities.
- You can follow and connect with us on social media; Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- As a member you will be able to place the membership SBC logo on your website.
- Being a part of the Chamber will give you a stronger voice. We welcome feedback from our members on the local issues facing businesses and where possible we feed this back to the local authorities or local MP’s that we regularly engage with, through our Executive Committee.
- The Chamber is headed up by an Executive Committee made up of local volunteer business owners. This business understanding gives us a unique insight into the ups and downs of running a business locally.
- Our annual membership fees are priced to be fair and affordable. We work hard to keep our overheads to a minimum, mainly through the generosity of our volunteers, so our business members can benefit and opening us up to a wider audience. Great for members as no fancy offices or staff for members fees to subsidise!